Governance is the key activity that acts as a bridge between the management and stakeholders. The institution has a strong governing council made up of different luminaries from various walks of life that devices all policies and decisions related to both academic and administration. To ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of governing council, a number of academic and administrative bodies have been formed with duties and responsibilities. The governing council of the college meets twice in a year, to discuss various issues and aspects contributing to the development of the college. During the meeting the suggestions from planning and monitoring board are resolved. It chalks out a roadmap in order to achieve the goals of the institution.
Major Responsibilities of Governing Council
- Uphold the legal stature of the college in line with the policies of AICTE, UGC, State Government and affiliating university (Anna University) or any other body or agency.
- Taking decisions regarding the intake and addition or discontinuing of any program and instructing the Principal to take formal steps with the affiliating body to put this into action.
- Fix the fee structure and any charges applicable in accordance with the recommendation of the affiliating university.
- Organizing seminars, symposium, exhibitions and workshops both for faculties and students in cutting edge technologies to cater to the current need of the industry.
- Approve the budget for the respective financial year.
Functions of Governing Council
- Amend and approve policies from time to time.
- Approve the appointment of faculty members recommended by the selection committee of the institution in accordance with the norms prescribed by AICTE and Anna University.
- Construction and maintenance of infrastructure and amenities for the institution.
- Review of academic performance of the institution and suggest remedial measures, if required.
- Mobilizes funds and utilize the resources maximum, towards the development of the institution.
- Introduction of new programs and/or increasing intake/closure of programs/reduction in intake.
- Implement the recommendations of the planning and monitoring board.
- Review of highlighted feedback summary of stakeholders and planning for corrective actions towards the satisfaction of stakeholders.
|Name||Position||Qualification||Present Designation/Occupation||Mobile No|
|Dr. Meenakshi Sundaram S||Member Secretary||Ph.D.- Computer Science and Engineering||Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Jaishankar N||Members||Ph.D.-Faculty of Science and Humanities||Professor Dept. of Chemistry Presidency College Chennaiemail@example.com|
|Mr. Veerappan A||Members||M.E.- Structural Engineering||Former Chief Engineer PWD Chennaifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Arunagirinathan R||Members||OTHERS-B.A.B.L-Others- B.A.B.L||Advocate High Court Chennai||9840289311||Arunagirinathan63@gmail.com|
|Mr. Ravi R||Chairman||M.B.A.-Master of Business Administration||Chairman Sri Mahalakshmi Trustemail@example.com|